I’m a salad phase person. Sometimes I love them and eating them on repeat for days. Other days if I look back, I may not have had a salad in weeks and find myself gravitating towards cooked veggies. Lately, I’ve been on a salad kick and realized I haven’t shared my go-to vegan dressings. If you know me, you know that I like uncomplicated, simple recipes that taste great but that don’t compromise time or energy. These 5 vegan salad dressings for summer are just that – delicious but so sophisticatedly simply that you can serve them when company comes over!
The other really great part is that these 5 salad dressing don’t require a blender. While I love a good blender salad dressing, in the summer months I find myself whipping a little bowl of this or that to sauce up the raw veggies, grains, and proteins than dig the big Vitamix out. Can I get an A’men if ya feel me??!
In full disclosure, this post was inspired by my sister who insisted I share some of my favorite dressing recipes. 🙂
- Vegan Ranch – because you need a good one
- Vegan Taco Salad Dressing
- Maple Mustard – Such a staple I can’t even handle it
- Miso Magic Dressing – New to miso? This is a good introduction for Asian inspired salads with shelled edamame, raw veggies, tofu, and maybe even cold noodles!
- 1/2 cup Vegan Mayo like Vegenaise
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Plain Vegan Yogurt (like Kite Hill plain unsweetened or SoDelicious Unsweetened Coconut Yogurt)
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Plain Vegan Milk (soy or almond are best here)
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- Few Hearty Dashes of each: Trader Joe's Onion Salt (or chives, onion powder, salt), dried parsley, dried garlic, fresh or dried dill - add more or less to taste based on your preferences
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together OR combine in a jar, cover tightly and rock and roll (shake until blended well).
- 1/2 cup Vegan Mayo
- 2 tablespoons Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 dash salt to taste, if desired
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together or in a jar with a lid and shake what your momma gave you.
- 1/4 cup Oil (olive or canola)
- 2 tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons Prepared Mustard - Spicy, Dijon, or Traditional - Your Preference!
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice - this helps perk it up but could be optional if you don't have any on hand
- Optional: salt and pepper to taste or add a dash of garlic powder!
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk or place in a jar with lid and give it a good few hearty shakes until blended.
- 1/2 cup Rice Vinegar (seasoned or plain)
- 1/4 cup Canola or Vegetable Oil (neutral flavor profile)
- 2 tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Mellow White Miso (I use Miso Master found in refrigerated produce section by tofu or dressings)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil (sesame oil adds such a finishing Asian flair!)
- dash dried ginger -optional but nice if you love ginger like I do
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together or combine in a jar with a sealed lid and give it a good shake until ingredients are well blended.
What recipe are you most excited to try?? Comment below and let me know – I’d love to hear what you think of them!
2 thoughts on “4 Staple Vegan Salad Dressings For Summer (or Anytime!)”
Yes! I’m so tired of store bought dressings, yet want variety. Too many salad recipes have a million ingredients that we don’t keep on stock, these are perfect.
EXACTLY! Sometimes I like the recipes with many ingredients because they certainly add depth to the flavor profile. ….buuuuut for those midweek meals where I need a quick standby (not a grocery store run), these are my jam!